Friday 6 December 2013

It's CHRISTMAS.........! Part Deux

Its getting closer to Christmas, so today I have brought you my second nail art attempt for the holiday season. My boyfriend and I put up our tree yesterday, so our home is feeling very festive. To mark the occasion on my nails, I have added festive decorations and Christmas baubles to my nails.  I love the purple and gold combo, so that was my colours of choice this time around.



I prepped my nails with OPI's based coat and allowed to dry. I then used two coats of Barry M's 'Vivid Purple.' This polish is part of the Barry M's Gelly High-Shine collection and is supper glossy without a top coat. However I did add a coat of SV to help aide drying time, to seal the polish and added that extra bit of gloss.



Once the polish was dry, I prepped the water decals I had planned to use which I purchased from Sparkly Nails by cutting them to size. Once ready I placed the decals into a bowl of water for approx. 30 seconds, then applied them to my nails.



I used five different decals for each nail in gold. The decals are really easy to apply and I had no problem with them at all. I then sealed the decals on with another coat of Seche Vite.



There you go, a very easy Christmas manicure that looks really festive yet subtle.
 
What do you think? Do you have any special nail art planned for the holiday season?
 
Until next time...
 
Laura-Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment