Sunday 10 February 2013

Valentine's Day nail art...

My first nail art post is going to be dedicated to lurrrve. First and foremost, my love of nail polish, nail art, and having those fingertips looking immaculate. Secondary of course is Valentine's Day, which is just around the corner.

I am not much of a fan of Valentine's Day, mainly because my boyfriend isn't either, but I personally think it is rather commercial, extremely over hyped and not to mention expensive (I know, not the usual response of a girl!). However, I have got into the spirit of the holiday this year, and have done a cute manicure that would do Cupid proud.

Here goes:


Nail polish used:

Nails Inc - Warwick Avenue
OPI - Miniature red with glitter, no name on bottle.
Nails Inc - Albert Bridge (top coat)

 
I used two thin coats of Warwick Avenue, and freestyled the heart shapes with the red OPI polish. Don't get me wrong, a steady hand is required, but it's pretty simple to do. To finish off the design I used a dotting tool (the smallest one I had) to frame the heart shape.


I let it all dry and completed the manicure with one coat of the Nails Inc Albert Bridge top coat, and hey presto, you have beautiful Valentine's Day nails that everyone (even the most cynical) will love.

Would love to hear what you all think of the design, and if you give it a go or come up with your own designs, then I would love to see them too...

Until next time,

Laura-Jane

8 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I wish I had the patience for nail art but it just becomes a big mess! You have done a great job!

    Becky
    beckys makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky, really kind of you to comment. I use to have the same opinion as you, but it really is simple to do. Practice makes perfect as the old saying goes...

      Delete
  2. I love how you've framed the hearts! So simple yet so pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you like it. Thanks for following my little blog too x

      Delete
  3. This is such a cute manicure! I love it! :)

    Thanks for following me, I followed back!
    - Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous too! I think I've got your secret ;) That nail tool! Will have to invest in one!
    Erica xo

    www.sushiturtlesandlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment. Yes, the dotting tools are a God send. Would defo recommend getting one. You can pick them up really cheap from Amzon and ebay. They may paininting little circles a doddle! :)

      Delete