Friday 15 February 2013

Diamonds are a girl's best friend...

The sun has been shining in London today, and it is the first warm(ish) day I can remember in a long time; hence the new coral coloured nails; which is perfect for spring. I like to call this design a French manicure with a modern twist, with a bit of sparkle to finish it off.



Nail polishes used:


Peach Melba (381) by Barry M
Coral (415) by Rimmel London
Kiss Nail Art Paint in White
Albert Bridge top coat by Nails Inc

How to get the look:

I used one coat of the Peach Melba by Barry M, which I then let dry. I like to paint all ten fingernails, and by this time I find the first nail I painted is dry enough to do the next step. I then used the Rimmel London Coral polish to add the tip, using a very thin coat. To separate the two colours, I swiped across the fingernail with the white Kiss nail art paint (I was planning on using a glittery gold, but I didn't have any in my collection). To add the piece de resistance, I used an orange stick to place a small rhinestone in the middle of the white strip. The rhinestones used were by a company called 'Cheeky'.



I didn't use any glue, just placed it on wet nail varnish and completed the look with one coat of Albert Bridge Top Coat by Nails Inc to seal it together and get that lasting shine. There you have it, very simple to do, but looks rather elegant and a sure way for compliments to come flooding in. The rhinestones make it that extra special, and after all, diamonds really are a girl's best friend!



Who's going to give it a go? Let me know what you think, and if you give it a try, make sure you leave a link in the comment box below.

Until next time...

Laura-Jane

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute, I love it! great blog, new follower right here! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth for commenting, glad you think so. Thanks for following too, I've got lots of ideas, so stay tuned :) x

      Delete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog hun! I'm loving this look- you're really good at nail art!
    www.gymbagsandgladrags.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and you're welcome.

    Laura-Jane x

    ReplyDelete