Sunday 10 February 2013

A little introduction:

Welcome to my blog. I know it’s not the most original way to start a blog and has been done millions of times before, but hey that’s how it’s going to go.
 
A little bit about me…
 
I’m a twenty-something born and bred Londoner, my name is Laura-Jane and I’m a blogging novice. That definitely has an Alcoholic Anonymous-like ring to it, oops! Not really my intention or the look I was hoping to achieve…
 
I have a passion for sports (this is my vocational course in life), but also the dainty girly things that preoccupies the mind when often daydreaming. Working in a male dominant environment, sometimes you've just got to think ‘GIRL!’. I have always been creative, ever since a young age, I would always look forward to birthdays and Christmases to open up DIY craft sets and sit for hours upon end creating something beautiful (not always the case) to keep myself or give away as a gift to relatives. As I’ve gotten older, I have grown out of a lot of it, and to be honest, my academic career and now having a full-time job doesn’t leave much time. However, there is one thing that has stayed with me; nail art. There is something about creating art on the canvas of your own fingertips that’s very therapeutic, relaxing, and I’m not going to blow my own trumpet, but very rewarding when all the compliments come in, and the astonishment on people’s faces when they ask where I got my nails done, and I can reply with great satisfaction (and the big grin plastered across my face) that I did them myself!
 
I have started this blog in homage to my hobby, and I hope that any readers/followers I may obtain, will enjoy reading what I have written (another creative flair I have a passion for, Carrie Bradshaw eat your heart out), and possibly give some of my work, tip and tricks a go.
 
I would love to hear what you think, any opinions you have or just some ideas you are willing to share. I’m sure all you guys’n’dolls know exactly what to do and just post a comment in the comment box, or if you would prefer you can email me at laurajaneconnolly@googlemail.com.
 
So the gloves are off and the claws are out, let’s get those polishes, pens and talons out and get this show on the road…
 
Until next time…
 
Laura-Jane

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, really nice of you to say. Thank you for the follow too. Stay tuned for more posts, I've got lots of cute little ideas :)

      Delete