Friday 24 May 2013

Rainbow Nail Art

I've been feeling a little fed-up recently, and the weather in the UK hasn't helped much either  considering it is nearing the end of May. Today I even had to wear my winter coat to work, and I was still cold. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will have some sunshine, but I fear the couple of weeks of warmer weather we had in April may just about have been our summer. To cheer myself up I went for a very colourful manicure this week. I knew I wanted bright colours, but I just couldn't decide on which hue to go for, so this is what happened:
 
 
 
A multi-coloured dotty rainbow effect, which I am rather pleased with. They are really bright, have cheered me up and have attracted a lot of attention this week. Some compliments came from random strangers!
 
 
 
I used the following polishes;
 
 
 
From left to right;
 
Matte White by Barry M
The Heiress by Leighton Denny
Belgrave Place by Nails Inc
Green by Nails Supreme
Yellow by Fraulein
Orange by Fraulein
Viva la Diva by Leighton Denny
Seche Vite top coat
 
The tools used:
 
 
 
To create the look;
 
I use two coats of Matte White by Barry M for my base coat and applied a coat of SV to speed up drying tip. Once dry I grabbed my dotting tools, and small square of tin foil and the first colour I wanted to use in my rainbow. I started at the bottom of my nail near the cuticle. Splodge a small amount of polish on the tin foil, which is where you will gather from to create the rainbow.
 
 
 
 Using varied sized dotting tools create a wavy line made up of dots. I like to do all ten nails at once using the same colour as I find that once the nail polish has been exposed to air, it starts to dry, thicken and becomes tacky. Which makes it hard to use and application is harder.
 
 
 
Once you are happy with the first line, repeat using the same steps as above until you have the full rainbow effect. You can fill in any small gaps using a tooth pick if you do not have a smaller dotting tool. To finish off apply a coat of SV (or a top coat of your choice) and allow to dry.
 
What do you think?
 
Until next time...
 
Laura-Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment