Thursday 12 December 2013

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas....

Its getting quite close to Christmas day, and I am now half through my lovely nail polish Advent calendar. I'm sure many UK residents are wondering if we'll be having a white Christmas this year. I live in London and the likelihood of having a snowy Christmas is very slim, but every year I always hope. A few years back it did snow a few days before Christmas, and it was looking likely to have a Christmas card type scene of Christmas morning, but it warmed up and the snowman I built had melted away, leaving a lovely puddle and carrot of its mere existence.



Tomorrow I am going to Bath (and English City) to get in the festive spirit, to visit a Christmas market with my Sister and my Mum. In the UK it is 'Wear your Christmas Jumper Day' so that is what I will wearing, and where I gained my inspiration from for this Christmas nail art post.



I prepped my nails with OPI's  base coat, allowed to dry and applied three coats of MUA's 'All Nude'. I wouldn't recommend this polish, its very streaky, watery and it didn't apply well for me. I wont be repurchasing this polish again. I applied a coat of SV to aid drying time.



Once this was all dry, I grabbed a toothpick and Barry M's 'Gold Foil' and got to work with painting on my snowflakes. I did try to attempt to stamp them on using Bundle Monster's stamping plates, but that was one bit fail.



I added one-two snowflakes per nail, To fill in a bigger spaces on the nails, as my nails are quite long at the moment, I placed some gold dots using a small dotting tool. To make it that extra bit sparkly I placed a rhinestone in the centre of each snowflake and sealed it on using a coat of SV.



Above is a picture of my Christmas jumper I shall be sporting this year.

What do you think? How are your Christmas nails coming along? Let me know in the comments box below.

Until next time...

Laura-Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment