Sunday 1 September 2013

Galaxy Nail art

Pinch, punch, first of the month...
 
SO, I finally jumped on the bandwagon and have created my own little universe on the tips of my fingers. I have always admired them from afar on other peoples blogs and YouTube channels and thought it was time I gave them a try. They are extremely easy to do, and they attract quite a few comments.
 
 
 
I first started by painting my nails black (with the exception of my ring finger) with nails inc 'black taxi'. I painted my ring finger blue using a colour from my Frauline collection, which unfortunately doesn't have a name. I of course topped them all off with a coat of Seche Vite and allowed to dry.
 
 
 
I decided to create a different design on each of my fingers.
 
The pinky:
 
 
 
I used a make-up sponge to dab a large blue area diagonally across my nail, and filled it in by sponging yellow, white and silver glitter polish to create a milky way design. I used polishes from my Frauline collection, and yep, you guessed it. They don't have names. Sorry.
 
The ring finger:
 
 
 
I painted a large opal circle in the corner of my ring finger to represent the moon in a night sky. I chose an opal colour, as the moon isn't exactly white, and it saved me time conturing it with grey polish. I created little star like crosses using white polish and a toothpick and added a few small stars in the form of white and glitter polish dots.
 
The middle finger:
 
 
 
Again using a sponge I dabbed on two different colour blues and a mauve colour, which again was from my no-name Frauline polish collection. I placed a few specks of craft glitter and dabbed on lots of silver glitter polish to create the galaxy nail.
 
Index/pointer finger:
 
 
 
I created a ombre effect using a sponge, two different colour blues and a white polish for the tips. I am really pleased with how the gradient came out. I used craft glitter to represent some stars.
 
The thumb:
 
 
 
I used the same technique as my middle finger, but instead of using craft glitter pieces, I painted on some ross shaped stars and tiny spots.
 
 
 
I of course allowed my nails to dry and topped it off with another coat of SV to make them extra sparkly.
 
 
 
I quite like they way this manicure turned out, especially as I normally have my nails more uniform. I think the ring finger and index finger tie the manicure together and also makes the blue polish pop on the other nails. I shall definitely be trying different designs on individual fingers in the future.
 
 
 
If you have a galaxy manicure that you'd like to share, let me know in the comments box. I would love to have a look at them.
 
What do you think? Which nail is your favourite?
 
Until next time...
 
Laura-Jane

 

No comments:

Post a Comment