Thursday 22 August 2013

Pinwheel nail art

Today's manicure is probably my favourite nail art I have ever done. I am so in love with it. I often ask the boyfriend what colour I should paint my nails, and he always give me the same answer, pulling out all the coral type colours out of my nail polish stash. So I thought I would try to do some nail art to incorporate all of the colours, just for him. Here is the outcome:
 
 
 
I started by prepping my nails with OPI's base coat. Then painted my nails using Barry M's 'matte white' polish.  I topped this off with a coat of SV and allowed to dry. Once this was dry I used four pieces of stripping tape per nail to divide my nail into eight sections; to create the pinwheel effect. I did one hand at a time, so before I started painting my nails again, I made sure all pieces of tape were sectioned off on one hand and the lids of all the polish were unscrewed.
 
 
 
The polishes I used:
 
The corals from dark to light:
 
Instyle coral - Rimmel London
Iisie Street - Nails Inc
Summer Fizz - Leighton Denny
Peach Melba - Barry M
 
The pinks from dark to light:
 
Miami - 17
Pink Flamingo - Barry M
Petite Pink - Sally Hansen
Strawberry Ice cream - Barry M
 
 
 
I painted each individual section with one colour starting from the darkest coral to the lightest, and continued the circle with the lightest pink to the darkest. On each nail I started the darkest coral in a different section so all the nails were different, which I think gives quite a nice effect.  
 
 
 
As soon as I had completed each nail, and before the nail polish was completely dry, I removed the tape and gave it a coat of SV, before I moved onto the next nail. I waited until all the nails on my left hand were completely dry before I started the process again for my right hand.
 
 
 
Once all ten fingernail were complete and dry, I applied another coat of OPI's base coat. Whilst the polish was still wet I used an orange stick to place a little diamond stud in the middle of the pinwheel and sealed in with another coat of SV to complete the look.
 
 
 
I shall definitely be giving this manicure another go in possibly cooler colours using blue/green tones or reds/browns for autumn.
 
What do you think? Will you be giving it a go?
 
Until next time...
 
Laura-Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment