Saturday 28 September 2013

Navy and gold textured Ruffian manicure

A few weeks ago the boyfriend surprised me with a couple of bottles of nail polish from the new OPI San Francisco collection. Among the bottles was the 'Wharf! Wharf! Wharf!' liquid sand polish I had really wanted, and I just couldn't wait to try it out. It is a lovely navy blue polish with a ton of iridescent flecks that shine and shimmer subtly in different lights and I just love it.
This manicure was born...
I have always been quite a fan of the Ruffian manicures seen on the runways a few years ago, and have been waiting for the perfect navy and gold combination in my collection to do so. So I have the lovely boyfriend to thank for that.
I prepped my nails with a layer of OPIs base coat, and then topped it off with Barry M's 'gold foil' polish, of course drying time was aided by a coat of Seche vite. To give it some extra sparkle I then topped the gold foil polish with Nails Inc 3D glitter polish 'Wembley', again Seche Vite came to the rescue.
Then it was time to create the Ruffian look. I used the application brush in the bottle to apply the liquid sand polish to the main body of the nail, and then touched it up and rounded the bottom using a nail art brush.
As 'Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! is a textured polish, there is no need to add a top coat, and I am pleased to say it dries really quickly. Once dried I can guarantee you, that you wont help but rub your fingertips over you nails.

I really love this manicure and I found myself constantly admiring it, I think the two polishes together really compliment each other and add a subtle bling factor to the manicure without being too overpowering.
What do you think? Are you a fan of Ruffian manicures? What's your favourite colour combination? Are you a lover or hater of textured polishes?
Until next time...
Laura-Jane
P.S. this manicure was so hard to remove, maybe it love my nails as I much as I loved it on my nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment