Monday 4 November 2013

Remember, remember the 5th of November......

 
 
 
Tomorrow in the UK is bonfire night, so I have decided to create my latest manicure around this day. I used the movie 'V for Vendetta' as inspiration, and if you haven't seen it before, I recommend that you do.

The Nails:



The Thumb:



I used 'Rosary Gardens' by Nails Inc for my base and topped it with SV to aide drying time. Once dry using  tooth pick I placed a gold coloured rhinestone and painted on gold lines using Barry M's 'Gold Foil' polish to create the fireworks.


The Index Finger:

 

This finger represents the symbol shown in the movie 'V for Vendetta'. I used 'Black Taxi' as my base, then using the same red polish I used for my thumb I drew on the symbol using a toothpick. As the red polish didn't show up very well on the nails, I decided on using an unnamed sparkly red polish on top of 'Rosary Gardens' to give it an extra sparkle. After all fireworks are sparkly!

The Middle Finger:



This nails is a similar version of the thumb design. I used the same techniques for this nail, but used 'Black Taxi' as the base, and Barry M's 'Silver Foil' to create the fire works.

The Ring Finger:



This little dude is my version of Guy Fawkes (the whole reason behind the 1605 gunpowder plot, and why we celebrate Bonfire night today.) If you have seen the movie or plan to watch it,  you'll also see a load of these in a form of a mask. I used Barry M's 'Matte White' as my base coat, I then used a toothpick to outline the mask shape and facial details with 'Black Taxi' by Nails Inc and then filled in the rest of the nail using the same polish. To create the rosy cheeks I applied 'Warwick Avenue' by Nails Inc using a small dotting tool and used 'Gilston Road' by Nails Inc for some of the other facial details.

The Pinky:



For this nail, I used Black Taxi as my base coat, and topped it off with two coats of Nails Inc special effect polish, 'Reading'. This adds a touch of sparkle to the manicure and also ties it all together with the red, gold, and black theme.



What do you think? Will you be creating your own Bonfire night nails?

Until nest time....


Laura-Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment