Monday 18 November 2013

Christian Louboutin Nail art



Now that the party season is just around the corner with Thanks Giving, Christmas and New Years Eve in sight. I have put together a little nail art assemble to go with any LBD (little black dress.) When you hear 'Christian Louboutin' it may scream 'shoes' but those red bottom heels are not only for your feet, they are for your nails too.



I am very lucky to have my very own pair of Christian Louboutins in nude, which were bought for me by my wonderful boyfriend for my birthday last year. However to be more fitting with the wintry festive season, that will go with every outfit, I have opted for the glossy black version for the nails.



These nails are so simple to create, are very chic and I think they would look fabulous on any hand. They are very wearable, not just for the party season, but for those of you who don't like full on nail art and want to add a glimmer of colour to a dark nail too.



First I prepped my nails by giving them a good clean all over and painting on a coat of OPI's base coat to both the topside and underside of the nail bed and left to dry. Once dry the designer nails are ready to be created. For my 'soles' I used two coats of Nails Inc's 'Rosary Garden' which I applied to the back/underneath part of the nail using a thin square nail art brush to make clean up that little bit easier, making sure I capped the nail and topped with a coat of SV.



I then used Nails Inc's 'Black Taxi' all over the topside of the nail using only one coat and layered it with a generous helping of SV and left to dry.



To add a bit of festive sparkle I used a square rhinestone and placed it at the bottom of the nail bed at an angle to give it a bit of party bling using a clear polish and a toothpick. Once in place I gave my nails another coat of Seche Vite.



These nails are very addictive and I often find myself wiggling my fingers so I get flashes of red and a glimmer of sparkle as they really do look great when the light hits them. I guess a bit like when you are strutting yourself towards the party in those red-bottom heels, leaving everyone behind you 'oohing' and 'ahhing' and the flashes of red they see at you feet.



What do you think? Have you ever taken fashion as your inspiration to create nail art? Will you be creating these nails yourself? Let me know in the comments box below.


Until next time...


Laura-Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment