Sunday 24 March 2013

Floral Nail Art

It is officially Spring, however I have woken up to a panoramic view from my apartment of Central London that has had quite the dusting of snow. I have however attempted another Springtime nail art design, in the hope that the more I do, the more chance there is of waking up to sunshine and warmth. I know its unrealistic, but a girl can't help but try!


I gained inspiration from a dressing gown I own, which I am actually wrapped up in now as I write this blog post. It was bought for me as a present by the boyfriend before we moved in together last year. I have to say it is the best dressing gown in the world; long, fluffy, cosy and even has a hood, which is perfect for cold cosy nights in watching a movie on the couch. The colours are vibrant and bright, and you can't help but feel in a happy mood when wearing it, especially in the winter as I tend to wear quite dark colours, so it makes a change for me to wear such bold ones.

The said dressing gown:


I obviously didn't copy the design of the bathrobe exactly, but I created my own adaptation using the colours and floral print for inspiration. I have been wearing them for a few days now, and I have had quite a few compliments; I even got the seal of approval from the boyfriend.

Nail polishes used:

Base colour: fuchsia pink by Nails Supreme
Petal colour: light pink by Nails Supreme
Centre of flower colour: 'Poppies in the snow' by Revlon UK
Leaf colour: Green by Nails Supreme
Top coat: top coat by MUA.


To create the flowers I used a large dotting tool. I used the same size tool to create the middle of the flower and the petals. I used approx. five petals per flower. I then used a smaller dotting tool to create a little flick of green for the leaves, which I think finishes off the design perfectly. It adds another colour and therefore another dimension to the design. Don't forget to add a top coat to make your manicure last and also give it that extra bit of shine.

 
 
 
This is a really easy design to do, yet it's bright and stands out and will get everyone noticing your nails.

Let me know what you think?
Are you going to give it a try?

Until next time...

Laura-Jane

2 comments:

  1. Great idea-loved that you were inspired by things around you-we had 9" of show here-I am going to start wearing brighter looks April 1st.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Teresa. Wow 9"'s of snow. We just had a slight dusting. Its always good to have things around you for inspiration. You'll be surpised of what ideas you can gain from the most unlikely places!

      Delete